Thursday, March 3, 2011

Shrimp-Stuffed Avocados

Shrimp Stuffed Avocado

So it should be no secret that I have a love affair with avocados. I’m not sure what I love most about them but I’m certain that I should be enrolled in a twelve step program. At any rate, I’ve made it my mission to find all sorts of avocado-licious recipes so I don’t get bored with this fabulous fruit!

What you’ll need:
8 oz (1 cup) small (cut if necessary) cooked & cleaned shrimp (canned or frozen / fresh)
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
¼ cup finely chopped iceberg lettuce or cabbage
¼ cup chopped black olives, drained
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (to your taste)
2 avocados, halved, peeled & pitted
½ teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)

How you’ll do it:
In a medium sized bowl, combine shrimp, cream cheese, mayonnaise, lettuce (or cabbage), olives and garlic powder; stir well.

Spoon shrimp mixture into avocado halves and sprinkle with paprika and pepper. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, cut avocado halves into slices (about 2 or 3) making sure the shrimp mixture stays in the crevice. Serve immediately. 


Check out this kickin' guacamole recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment