Friday, March 4, 2011

Chicken Spaghetti

I've had some really unfortunate experiences with Chicken Spaghetti in the past, but I’m here to tell you – if this one works for me (the picky one) I think you will enjoy it. This is a carb-fest, but what fun is life it you can’t carb-load every now and then, right? This one is really more like a Chicken Spaghetti Bake so bear with me on the semantics :)

What you’ll need:
½ cup butter (= 1 stick)
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
4 ounce can of mushrooms (optional)
2 teaspoons cumin
10 ounces spaghetti (or angel hair pasta)
1 cup chicken broth
16 ounces chopped tomatoes (drained)
2 cups Velveeta, cubed
3 cups chopped, cubed or shredded cooked chicken

How you’ll do it:
Sautee butter, onion and garlic until tender. Boil spaghetti until tender. Combine all ingredients into a casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment