Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Texas-Style Potatoes

Now we all know about my love affair with avocados and my bacon obsession but I can’t get through a week without some sort of potato-y dish (which is why the Adkins diet almost killed me!). I’m not picky about my potatoes, I’ll take them any way you can think of – for me they are the ultimate comfort food. Since I’m from Texas and all (for the most part) I guess it’s about time I add some Texas-y recipes to the mix so here it goes! I’m sure you’ll love it!

What You’ll Need:
32 ounce bag frozen hash browns (Ore-Ida is good)
½ cup melted butter (= 1 stick)
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper (optional)
½ chopped onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup (cream of chicken / mushroom works well too)
8 ounces of sour cream (plain yogurt is a great substitute)
1 cup Velveeta, cubed
¼ cup shredded cheese (Velveeta or cheddar)

How you’ll do it:
Thaw potatoes; mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer mixture to casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until top is crispy. Top with shredded cheese, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment