Monday, June 28, 2010

Guacamolé

I'm super excited to share this recipe with you. I got the basic recipe from a Frenchman at the office (I know, right?!?) it was SO good, but I thought I could kick it up a notch so I've added my own special ingredients. I bring this recipe to EVERY pot luck, backyard BBQ, holiday, dinner, party, cookout, get together I'm invited to. Be careful - once you introduce this at parties you will be asked again & again to bring it. I introduced it to my family last year and now my Dad won't eat anyone else's guacamole recipe. It goes great with any Mexican food dish, veggies, chips, even grilled chicken!



Here's what you'll need:
4 ripe Haas avocados
1 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
1/2 c. red onion, minced
2 Serrano peppers, stems and seeds removed, minced
1/4 c. cilantro, finely chopped
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 garlic clove, minced
1/8 c. lemon or lime juice
Sea salt, to taste
Freshly grated white pepper, to taste


Here's what you do:
Prepare all the ingredients before cutting the avocados and lemon or lime, keep separate.

Cut the avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from peel and put in a medium mixing bowl.

Using a fork, mash the avocado. Stir in lemon, chopped red onion, garlic, cilantro, tomato, serranos, garlic, garlic powder, garlic salt, cumin and cayenne pepper.


Nestle two avocado pits (seeds) in the top of the guacamole, cover tightly with plastic wrap to prevent oxidation from the air. You can also use additional lemon or lime juice to prevent oxidation and add a tangier flavor which I LOVE! Refrigerate until ready.

Uncover, remove the avocado pits, and ENJOY!


Love avocado, try these shrimp stuffed avocados!

No comments:

Post a Comment