Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Roasted Asparagus Salad

Asparagus is one of my favorite veggies! I didn't really "discover" it until I became an adult but now I love it. The only thing is that I'm really picky about how it's served. It must be fresh, still crunchy and served warm.  So without further ado, check out this quick and easy side.

Here's what you'll need:
1 1/2 lb fresh asparagus
1 tbsp. olive oil
Sea salt, to taste
Fresh ground white pepper
2 tbsp vinegar

Here's what you'll do:
Preheat oven to 350F.

Prepare the asparagus by cutting off the last inch or so of the woody stalk.

Place the asparagus stalks on a baking sheet or wrap them in aluminum foil. Brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, until the stalks begin to get slightly tender on the outside. (Thin asparagus spears will take less time than thick spears).

Toss with the vinegar. Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment